To be a forum for the exchange of ideas, knowledge and experiences among those interested in the Chemical Sciences in ways that promote individual and professional excellence in the Chemical Community
1. New York Section will increase membership and participation of chemical scientists working in industry.
2. New York Section will expand collaborative activities with local chapters of other professional societies in the New York region to enhance the interdisciplinary boundaries of chemistry.
3. New York Section will develop and utilize advanced technology to enhance professional activities and services for our members.
4. New York Section will foster activities and programs to improve the public's recognition and appreciation of the contributions of chemistry.
5. New York Section will promote the development of programs and services to improve the scientific literacy and interest of students. 6. New York Section will facilitate the career development of professionals in the Chemical Sciences.
7. New York Section will encourage participation and leadership by women and underrepresented minorities.
The New York Section of the American Chemical Society will be the premier membership organization for chemists, chemical engineers, and allied professionals in the New York metropolitan area and a leader in advancing the public's scientific literacy and appreciation of chemistry.